Theme: Education, Subtheme: Symbiotic Organizations
The aim of the ISEA2023 Education Forum is to explore and present dual degree programs promoting interdisciplinary synergies and conceivable symbiotic correlations between available programs in art & science & tech studies around the globe. Today the emerging generation from all cultural backgrounds opts for a preferred mode of activity and interaction that is frequently not in synchronization with traditional educational systems. What are the strategies and tactics to perform an appropriate transfer of shared knowledge towards the future? What are the existing opportunities to achieve an intercultural and intergenerational cooperation?
Communication between art & science education delegates addressing symbiotic activities for the emerging generation remains essential. The Forum opens discussions on the impact of global and local paradigm shifts and blurred boundaries in this digital age, and how these exchanges may affect the transmission of knowledge across generations.
An important dimension of dual degrees is their use of integrating ongoing studies between programs, between faculties, between universities and between countries even continents.
- Nina Czegledy (HU/CA), Convener
- Maria Luiza (Malu) Fragoso, Brazilian artist. Professor, Visual Communication Design Department at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, coordinator of NANO LAB – Nucleus of Art and New Organisms with Guto Nobrega
- Morten Søndergaard (DK), Associate Professor and Curator of Media Art at Aalborg University, Denmark. International coordinator and co-founder of the Erasmus Joint Master in Media Arts Cultures
- Joel Ong (CA), media artist, Associate Professor in Computational Arts, and Director of Sensorium: The Centre for Digital Arts and Technology at York University, Toronto, Canada
- Kieran Reid (ZA), Head of Digital Arts at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. Teacher, theater-maker and play and games scholar
- Bronwyn Lace (ZA), visual artist, founder with William Kentridge in 2022: SO | the Academy for the Less Good Idea in Johannesburg. South Africa
- Vuori Rasmus Vice Dean, Aalto University, Helsinki, FI
- Joanna Hoffman, founder and director of the Art Sci Node in Berlin, DE
- Ricardo Dal Farra, Professor, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, working on art & sci education across Latin America