Storytelling with images may be our first record of narratives, such as sand drawings and rock carvings in the western desert tradition through to interactive meta-narratives being produced today. Meta-narratives, the exhibition, will present works by artists who re-interpret the manner in which stories are told.
The exhibition includes an animation based on a bark by John Gwadbu,1964, The Marrwakara Story, Mawng Language, Goulburn Island, Western Arnhem Land, NT.Ochre on stringybark. RM and CH Berndt collection, 1964. Plus:
- Clea T. Waite & Lauren Fenton – MetaBook: Book of Luna
- Nigel Helyer – Law of the Tongue
- Bronia Ivanczak – Timebinder
- John Gwadbu – Marrwarraka Story
- Cecilia Cmielewski, SymbioticA, University of Western Australia. SymbioticA is an artistic laboratory dedicated to the research, learning, critique and hands-on engagement with the life sciences.