Harbourview Terrace, Museum of Contemporary Art. For time-poor Creative Industries executives, this one-day conference gives a 360 degree snapshot of what is happening now and what is being envisioned for the future across the KR8V themes. No boring panels or Q&A sessions – just information-rich keynote presentations from some of the world’s most acclaimed interactive media visionaries. This is a high-intensity information download and relationship-building conference for creative industries executives who want to thrive in the digital age. Update yourself in a day!
KR8V Conference Day Gurus include:
- Manuel Lima (New York), a Senior UX Design Lead at Microsoft and founder of VisualComplexity.com; “one of the 50 most creative and influential minds of 2009? (Creative Magazine).
- Michael Naimark (Los Angeles), a world authority on Media Arts and R&D; a member of the original design team for MIT Media Laboratory; a Founding Member of the Atari Research Lab, the Apple Multimedia Lab and Lucasfilm Interactive (now Lucas Arts).
- Jun Nguyen-Hatsushiba (Japan / USA / Vietnam), an internationally acclaimed artist (including Venice, Shanghai, Istanbul and Sao Paolo Biennales; Guggenheim New York; The Whitney New York; Mori Art Museum Tokyo; Kunsthalle Wien).
- Dr Martin Zimper (Zurich), a European pioneer of multiplatform storytelling, Social TV, and Transmedia; also an award winning television maker and journalist, and Director of CAST, Zurich University of the Arts.
- Galvin Scott Davis (Sydney), the creator of the #1 Top Lifestyle App, #1 Business App and #1 Kids Games on iPhone in Australia, and Founder and Director of Protein boutique digital agency.
- MAP OFFICE, co-founded by Valérie Portefaix & Laurent Gutierrez (Hong Kong), an award-winning duo of artists/architects who work on physical and imaginary territories. Awarded the prestigious Sovereign Asian Art Prize, 2013.
- Marnix de Nijs (Rotterdam, Beijing), an installation artist whose work Run Motherfucker Run is featured in ISEA2013 – see Running the City at COFA.
- Fei Jun (Beijing), an artist, and also an Associate Professor at Media Lab, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing.
- Ross Rudesch Harley (Sydney), Dean of the College of Fine Arts at UNSW; award-winning artist, writer and educator; has exhibited at: Pompidou Centre Paris; MoMa New York; Ars Electronica; Sydney Biennale; Sydney Opera House.