Viralnet.net explores the cultural, educational and creative possibilities of what a Radical Cosmology could look like. Visitors to the resource room at the Albuquerque Museum will be able to explore the site’s artist projects, essays and interviews. Radical Cosmologies: Conversations on Culture, Technology and Research Tom Leeser and Lea Rekow will conduct a dialogue with leading artists and visual strategists, exploring the question What is a Radical Cosmology and what does it look like? The participants are part of the Viralnet.net Radical Cosmologies project. Their research and creative practices pursue cultural critiques of geography, astronomy, mapping, neuroscience and the possibility of life beyond our universe.
- Tom Leeser, USA, Director, School of Art, Program in Art and Technology, Director, The Center for Integrated Media, California Institute of the Arts (Calarts).
- Lea Rekow, ISEA2012 Theme Leader & Independent Curator
- Matt Coolidge, Director, Center for Land Use Interpretation, USA
- Dan Goods, Visual Strategist Jet Propulsion Lab, Passadena, USA
- Tom Jennings, Artist and Faculty, Center for Integrated Media, CalArts, USA
- Charles Lindsey, Artist in Residence, SETI Institute, Mountain View, USA