Hosted by The Art of the Overhead
A combination of research presentation and artistic intervention, the ‘Press Delete’ panel/performance expands the common format of conference panels through a dynamic double movement: being simultaneously on and of spam, it reflects the fragile socio-cultural negotiation at the heart of filtering ‘meaningful’ discourse out of informational flows. A critical garbage-archaeology, illuminating ‘dark sides’, ‘unintended consequences’ and creative acts connected to spam.
- Kristoffer Gansing – ‘Press Delete’ – The Politics and Performance of Spamculture
- Camille Paloque-Bergès – Proto-Spam: Early Forms of Spam as Vernacular Performanceon Usenet
- Finn Brunton – An Infinite Continuum of Spewage: Bayesian Filtering and the Reinvention of Spam
- Tony Sampson & Jussi Parikka – Learning from Network Dysfunctionality: Accidents, Enterprise and Small Worlds of Infection
- Kristoffer Gansing is co-director of The Art of the Overhead, a media-archaeological festival devoted to the overhead projector. He’s a Ph.D. student at K3 Univ. of Malmö, with a project on media art working transversally across old and new media.