Ecolocated combines marine ecology data with location, sound, stills and video in an installation at the Catalyst Arts gallery. Ecolocated is an exploration of littoral zones near Belfast, areas where human impact on the marine ecology is strongest and where local communities have a long association with the sea.
Supported by Daniel Woo & Michael Lake
- Tapio Mäkelä (FI) has been director of artist association MUU, co-founder of m-cult, and programme chair of ISEA2004.
- Nigel Helyer (DrSonique) is Artistic Director of the AudioNomad Research Group developing location sensitive environmental audio at the School of Computer Science and Engineering at the UNSW, AU
- Andreas Siagian is a media artist from The House of Natural Fiber (HONF) – Yogyakarta, ID
- Dr. Daniel Woo is responsible for HCI teaching, research and development in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, UNSW, AU.
- Michael Lake is Lead Developer at AudioNomad.
Full text (PDF) p. 105