ZeroOne San Jose/ISEA2006 partnership program with UNESCO DigiArts – Young Digital Creatures Program (United Nations Education, Science & Culture Organization) celebrates over 60 teen communities that participated this spring and summer. Our flagship program engaged teens worldwide who investigated their urban and cultural environment in order to share their view of their cities through digital and audio creative artistic exploration. Global Youth Represent!
- North America: San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, Maui, Hawaii representing island style, and Canada
- Africa: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ghana, Mali, Zambia, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Senegal
- Arab States: Egypt and Tunisia
- Asia and the Pacific: Australia, Bangladesh, India, Korea, Pakistan, and Singapore
- Europe: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Moldova, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, and United Kingdom.
- Latin America: Argentina, Colombia & Brazil
- The Caribbean: Jamaica
Global Youth Ambassador Program
Global Youth Ambassadors were selected from participants of the, “Scenes and Sounds of My City” program as a second tier of opportunity inviting 10 local youth and 10 international youth to be in-residence during the Festival. This week-long cultural and artistic residency program includes an art program on the Adobe downtown campus, with artist Et arts educator Marisa Jahn and her Throw-n-Sow Project throw-n-sow.org, with assistant artists/ educators Rachel McIntire and Steve Shade. The ambassadors will represent global youth everywhere at festival receptions and activities. Meet the Ambassadors online at 01sj.org or in the Global Youth Lounge.
- UNESCO DigiArts digitalarts.lmc.gatech.edu/unesco