PROPOSAL FROM IRCAM
The panel will bring together the four previous speakers and choreographer Francois Raffinot. Through the different perspectives presented by each of the participants, invariants and specificities of the interaction between gesture and sound will be highlighted with respect to the various artistic tendencies. Several questions will be discussed such as:
- the integration of artistic languages of different natures;
- the irruption of technology in the core of interaction;
- the evolution of the creation process due to the presence of interactivity.
- Marie-Helene Serra, Ircam, France
- Marcelo Wanderley is researcher, Analysis/synthesis team, Ircam.
- Roland Auzet, Percussionnist and composer.
- Antonio Camurri, Italy. Researcher at the Laboratorio di Informatica Musicale, DIST University of Genova
- Van Maresz, Composer
- Francois Raffinot, Choregrapher. After studies in philosophy and a training as a dancer, Francois Raffinot focused on promoting the danse of the XVIlth century. He collaborated in 1980 as a dancer and choreographer to the Foundation of Ris and Danceries dance company of which he was co-director from 1984 to 1989. In 1993 he was appointed as the Director of the Centre Choregraphique National du Havre Haute-Normandie. Then he turned resolutely to creation without reference to the baroque dance. Since 1999, he has joined the IRCAM to develop projects on Dance and contemporary music.