This panel will question the notion of a digital aesthetic. The debate will centre on the following:
- Will digital printmakers produce a new aesthetic? Is there an avant-garde in the digital arts?
- Does the WWW provide a revolutionary ontology for art practice?
- Is there a quest for greater verisimilitude in digital imagery?
- What is the constructed reality of the digital image?
- Is there a problem with the notion of a media specific aesthetic?
- Josephine McCormick, Convenor (UK), Lecturer in Printmaking, Liverpool Art School, Liverpool John Moores University.