The Stealth Project is a two-player experience loosely based on the classic board games of Connect Four. Players sit opposite each other and use the grid of buttons in front of them to fire missiles across an abstracted 3D space. Once launched these projectiles are either detected by radar, hit by another incoming missile, or make it to the opposing side, grabbing a point. Each event simultaneously adds to a collaborative spatial musical composition – missiles emit sounds based on their position and elements they encounter along their trajectory.
NOVA is the world’s first three dimensional, freely configurable video LED system offering 360° vision.
NOVA is an interdisciplinary research project based at ETH (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule / Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) Zurich, headed by:
- Martina Eberle (Switzerland) is a Lecturer at the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and Director of the ETH spin off company horao
- Simon Schubiger: CTO of the ETH spin-off company procedural
Squidsoup (squidsoup.org) is an open group of artists and designers built around:
- Anthony Rowe, Associate Professor of Interaction Design, Oslo
- Chris Bennewith, Associate Professor, Head of the Institute of Visual Communication, Massey University (New Zealand)
- Gaz Bushell, lead programmer for a UK based marketing company specialising in viral games.
Full text (PDF) p. 23-24
With additional support from Oslo School of Architecture and Design (Norway) and Massey University (New Zealand)